NumisMedia Weekly Market Report
Current News and Analysis of the
United States Rare Coin Market
1892 S Morgan Dollar Realizes Nearly $300,000
July 17, 2017
The metals are enjoying some positive news over the last few trading days; Gold is higher at $1,233.50 and Silver increased to $16.13. However, some of the luster and premiums have recently fallen for the one ounce Proof Gold Eagles in the OGP, trading at well over $200 per ounce about a month ago, now down to a $50-$60 premium. The same can be said for the one ounce Proof Silver Eagles, down from $50 each to current wholesale trades of $38-$40.
This past week Legend Rare Coin Auctions held their Regency Auction XXII in Las Vegas in conjunction with the PCGS Members Only Show. The highlight of this sale was the 1892 S Morgan Dollar in PCGS MS64 with a CAC sticker included; active bidding ended at $293,750. Always considered rare in any Mint State grade, there are 23 coins certified higher and this is one of just four coins certified in MS64 CAC. Below are some of the other highlights from this sale.
1892 S Morgan Dollar PCGS MS64 CAC sold for $293,750 at the Legend Rare Coin Auctions Regency Auction XXII in Las Vegas, Nevada, July 13, 2017
|1814 Large Cent Crosslet 4||PCGS MS65+ BN CAC||$52,875|
|1856 Large Cent Slanted 5||PCGS PR65 Red CAC||$47,000|
|1856 Flying Eagle Cent||PCGS PR65 CAC||$31,725|
|1910 Lincoln Cent||PCGS PR67+ CAC||$41,125|
|1911 Lincoln Cent||PCGS PR66 Red CAC||$12,338|
|1856 Three Cent Silver||PCGS MS66+ CAC||$16,450|
|1919 S Buffalo Nickel||NGC MS66||$34,075|
|1877 Twenty Cent||PCGS PR66 CAC||$39,950|
|1878 Twenty Cent||PCGS PR67 Cam CAC||$55,813|
|1825/4/2 Bust Quarter||PCGS MS65 CAC||$35,250|
|1918/7 S Standing Liberty Quarter||PCGS MS64||$32,900|
|1811 Bust Half Dollar Small 8||PCGS MS65 CAC||$19,388|
|1839 Reeded Edge Bust Half Dollar||PCGS MS65 CAC||$38,775|
|1921 Walking Liberty Half||PCGS MS65 CAC||$30,550|
|1795 Flowing Hair Dollar Silver Plug||PCGS AU50||$43,475|
|1798 Draped Bust Dollar Small Eagle||PCGS AU58+ CAC||$99,875|
|1846 Seated Dollar||PCGS MS64+ CAC||$30,550|
|1870 CC Seated Dollar||PCGS MS62||$41,125|
|1878 CC Trade Dollar||PCGS MS64 CAC||$73,438|
|1891 CC Morgan Dollar||PCGS MS65 DMPL CAC||$52,875|
|1914 $2 ½ Gold Indian||PCGS PR66+ CAC||$41,125|
|1798 $5 Gold Large 8 13 Star Reverse||PCGS MS62 CAC||$47,000|
|1888 $5 Gold||PCGS PR66 DCam CAC||$58,750|
|1929 $5 Gold Indian||PCGS MS64+ CAC||$67,563|
|1908 $10 Gold Indian||PCGS PR66 CAC||$76,375|
|1878 $20 Gold Liberty||PCGS MS64 CAC||$37,600|
|1909 $20 Gold St. Gaudens||PCGS PR66 CAC||$193,875|
In this week’s HD Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide there are numerous adjustments in the Walking Liberty Half Dollar chart with many higher. The 1919 in MS65 is up to $7,450 Market; while there are over 80 coins certified in this grade there are only 9 that have achieved the CAC approval to date. There are 40 certified higher with MS67 the very best.
The 1920 S Walker in MS67 has advanced to $17,250; there are 90 certified in MS65 with 16 having the CAC sticker. This date is notorious for having a weak strike; anything less than a full strike in these upper grades will not command current levels.
The 1921 Walker in MS64 jumped to $11,250 this week. All of the 1921 minted halves are rare in Mint State and difficult to acquire fully struck at a reasonable price. There are 114 coins certified in MS64.
Go to the Weekly Market Report Archive
**Sample Pack + Online Access Special**
NumisMedia is currently offering a special rate for our sample pack plus one month access. The pricing information we report comes from all over the numismatic market, from reliable dealers known for their unbiased market knowledge. Dealer subscribers are a part of our numismatic community, responsible for assisting us in our never-ending pursuit to report real market prices.
4 of the most recent issues and
1 Month - Online Access
to the Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guides
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic HD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the higher denominations (Half Dollars, Dollars, Gold, and Commemoratives) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Classic LD has grades from Fine through MS68 in every U.S. series in the lower denominations (Half Cents through Quarters) with the exception of the Modern coinage. 36 pages of price listings sent every third week
* The NumisMedia Wholesale Market Dealer Price Guide - Moderns has grades from AU50 through MS70 in every U.S. Modern series. 44 pages of price listings sent every third week
* Online Dealer Subscribers get access to ALL of our Online and Mobile Price Guides - Market, FMV, PCGS, NGC, CAC and Plus +.
* Dealer subscribers will receive the current password and user name for full access to the Online & Mobile Dealer Price Guides via email (usually within one working hour). A new monthly password and user name will be sent via E-News at the beginning of each month and can also be found on the back page of the weekly Dealer Price Guides.
See our other special subscription rates at:
Brought to you by
E-mail questions & comments to email@example.com
Copyright © 2017 Numismatic Interactive Network, LLC
Current News and Analysis of the U.S.
Rare Coin Market